Plymouth Church is prayerfully seeking a part-time (5-8 hours/week) Worship Director.
This job description and compensation are flexible and can be tailored to the gifts and experience of the candidate. The main goal is to incorporate music into the total church program in reaching, teaching, and developing people for Christ.
- Works with the Pastor to oversee and coordinate Sunday morning services and the overall music ministry of the church.
- Works with a team of Sunday morning volunteers to promote a positive atmosphere of teamwork and worship as we seek to help people use their spiritual gifts to serve the Lord.
- Organize and lead the Praise Band for the praise songs at the beginning of the worship service.
- Encourage, resource, and assist with all audio and digital aspects of the Sunday service and its dissemination.
- Work with the pianist to select hymns for Sunday Services.
- Work with the hymn leader rotation group to ensure a hymn leader for each Sunday.
- Work with the praise singers rotation to ensure we have two singers each week.
- Recruit and schedule volunteers for the special music time in our service each Sunday.
- Lead and expect the highest standard of Christian character and commitment to Christ and the church, becoming a part of our church family.
- Work in close relationship and cooperation with the staff leadership of the Pastor.
- Opportunity to pursue additional ministry in the church as desired